You may have gotten a little sneak peek of today's recipe in yesterday's post, I've been craving pop tarts for ages now, but I've been weary about buying in store just because of the 'garbage'. So of course what better way to go than the homemade way, right? So I ran to the store and bought (organic) pie dough, blueberries and some jam to help add a pop of flavor.
1 Pkg. (Non Frozen, Pref. Refrigerated Or Homemade) Pie Crust
1/2 C Fresh or Frozen Blueberries
1/4 C Strawberry (Or Your Jam Preference)
1 Egg Yolk + 1 Tsp Water = Egg Wash
Preheat Oven to 350˚
1. In a sauce pan combine blueberries and jam, stir and mash while cooking on low heat.
2. Next, Roll out pie crust till it's pretty thin (about 1/16th of an inch thick). Cut into 2 in x 3 in rectangles, re-rolling the dough as needed. You should end up with 12 rectangles.
3. Top 6 of the 12 rectangles with Blueberry/Strawberry Jam.
4. Top with other dough piece and prong together with fork. (Aiden got to these while I was grabbing the camera, they wouldn't of leaked out if he didn't use them as play dough.)
(My Artist's Work)
5. Brush with Egg Wash and Sprinkle with Sugar if desired. Bake for 13-15 Mins or Until Golden Brown.
6. Voila! Homemade Pop Tarts!