It's starting to lean toward the holiday season which means it's time to start baking rich, indulgent, guilt inducing treats. Right? So when I found out that "Turtle Bars" and Pecan Pie were one of the easiest recipes out there, I could not resist. I mean who can resist, carmel, chocolate and pecans all rolled into one buttery crust? I didn't think so, and that's why they lasted about 48 hours in our house...
Butter Pecan Turtle Bars
2 Cups All Purpose Flour
3/4 Cup Light Brown Sugar, Packed
1/2 Cup Butter, Softened
1 1/2 Cups Pecan Halves
1/2 Cup Light Brown Sugar, Packed
2/3 Cup Butter
1 1/2 Cups Milk Chocolate Chips
1. Combine flour, 3/4 C Brown Sugar and 1/2 Cup butter, mix until crumbly.
2. Pat mixture firmly onto bottom of un-greased 9x13 baking pan.
3. Sprinkle pecan halves over unbaked crust. Set aside
4. In a small saucepan, combine 1/2 cup brown sugar and 2/3 cup butter. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture begins boil. Boil one minute, stirring constantly.
5.Drizzle hot caramel mixture over pecans and crust. Bake at 350˚ for 18-20 minutes or until caramel layer is bubbly and crust is light brown.
6. Remove from oven, immediately sprinkling chocolate chips over pecan caramel mixture.
Let cool before cutting into squares and enjoying.