Like the movie 101 Dalmatians just minus the adorable puppies. Polka Dots have made a comeback on the Spring 2010 Runways. For Example, Derek Lam put together perfectly contrasting dots in a variety of colors in chic belted sheath dresses for a fun and flirty look. Jason Wu, Mrs. O's favorite, mixed a drapey one shoulder dress with shimmery dots to make the look more elegant. And Judging by the Fall 2010 Runways, you're going to want to hang on to this staple!
When I think of Polka Dots, I think of it as a classic yet playful wardrobe staple. I'm liking JPG's (for Target, now available) take on the dots in a green lingerie-like dress, It works. I'm looking forward to seeing it in person (and reporting about it) when My Target decides to put it on the floor, err. Not wanting to go full on the Polka Dot trend? Try a dotted trapeze tank or maybe a Polka Dot scarf to pull the look together!
Are you thinking Polka Dots for Spring or are they too spotty for you? And are you looking forward to Jean Paul Gaultier's Target Collection? Drop me a line and let me know what you think.
1.Jean Paul Gaultier for Target Lingerie Dot Print Lace Trimmed Dress, Target $34.99
2. Candie's Dot and Lace Panty, Kohls $7
3. Satin Dotted Peep Toe Slingback, Charlotte Russe $26.99
4. Xhilaration® Juniors Button Front Challis Romper, Target $19.99
5. Polka Dot Trapeze Tank, Forever21 $13.80
6. Zipper Polka Dot Dress, Wetseal $15
7. Polka Dot Silk Blend Scarf, Old Navy $12.50
8. Polka Dot Knit Top, Forever21 $19.80