Sure the holidays are over but that doesn't mean we have to part with the festive looking makeup looks, especially now that the glum and ho-hum days of winter are here. Why not heat up from that 15˚ degree weather with rich hued, wine inspired look - think mulled wine with a hint of shimmer, and on your eyes. It can be toned down for day or amplified for date night. I know we're a month off but maybe it could be a contender for Valentine's day. I personally kept the lip simple and went with a muted, pastel pink lip from MAC to let the eyes do all the sparkling.
1. Prep your face with a primer. I used ThisWorks "In Transit Camera Close-up" (It's a moisturizer, primer and mask in one).
2. Next, with my Real Techniques Beauty Sponge (dampened) I applied my Stila Aqua Glow Serum Foundation.
3. A little contouring and highlighting with Maybelline Master Contour in 010 Light & Maybelline Master Strobing Stick in Medium Nude Glow.
4. On the apples of my cheeks I kept it simple with Stila Sunrise Splendor Convertible Color
5. With Bareminerals Gen nude in Borderline I lined and blended my lips. Applied Mac Real Doll and gave it a quick blot.
6. Finally eyes, I'm obsessed with the Stila Eyes Are The Window Shadow Palette so there was no chance I was not putting it to use on this one especially when "Pigalle" is the perfect color for the job. I created a base with "Jezebel" on my lids and lightly built up color with "Pigalle" in my crease until I reached the the hue I desired and then blended with a q-tip for a smokey, more balanced look.