In an effort to keep things colorful in the beauty department, I raided my beauty closet in hopes of finding some multihued alternatives for my usual neutral shade choices. After a little digging I found Aveda's new Petal Essence™Eye Color in Balsam and was immediately inspired to go green. Nothing quite makes green pop like sparkling pop of gold courtesy of Make Up Forever's Diamond Powder. Together they're chromatic and just a little moody. I wanted to let newly sultry eye makeup steal the spotlight so I kept it super simple and neutral with my lips and face makeup. Tutorial below.
1. Prep your face with a primer. I used ThisWorks "In Transit Camera Close-up" (It's a moisturizer, primer and mask in one - OBSESSED).
3. A little contouring and highlighting with Maybelline Master Contour in 010 Light & Maybelline Master Strobing Stick in Medium Nude Glow.
4. On the apples of my cheeks I kept it simple with Stila Sunrise Splendor Convertible Color
5. With Bareminerals Gen nude in Borderline I lined and blended my lips.
6. For the eyes, I started by applying a light layer of the gold, Makeup Forever Diamond Powder in Rue La Boetie. Next, I added Aveda Petal Essence™Eye Color in Balsam on the creases of my eye and blended inward. For an extra pop of green I finished additional color to the crease with Buxom's Penthouse from the Look All You Want Palette.