Let me start off by saying that we kind have a thing for carbs in this house, whether we're talking pasta, bread or cookies, they never last around here. But with favorites come dislikes and at the top of my least favorite carb list has to be biscuits, especially the refrigerated (dough) kind. So of course, I always have to find a way to make things I don't like into some thing I might just love...
....Donuts, I love.
I know I'm probably the last person on earth to figure out that you can fry biscuits and they come out just like donuts, so of course when I realized this, it was on. I grabbed a flakey package of non-hydrogenated refrigerated biscuit dough, some oil and the rest was history..
What you need...
Quick and Easy Doughnuts
1 Pkg. Refrigerated Biscuits (Pref. Flakey - Try Immaculate Baking Co.)
1 Cup Vegetable Oil
1/4 C Sugar
1/4 C Cinnamon
1/3 C Melted Butter
1. Remove dough from package, and cut holes into the middles or use a cookie cutter and make shapes. I used a heart and make traditional donut shapes.
2. Fill a shallow pan with oil, about an inch from the bottom. Bring to a medium heat and add your 'doughnuts'.
3. Lightly brown each side, making sure to cook the dough thoroughly..
4. Remove and let cool on paper towel.
5. Combine the Cinnamon & Sugar on plate, and melted butter in a bowl wide enough to dip the doughnuts to cover. Cover each side and enjoy. With the left over dough, roll into balls and make donut holes!