Sometimes I need to indulge in a rich, chocolatey dessert, what can I say, it's my weakness. So of course, while I was up in the mountains I had to raid my grandmother's magazines for something sweet to eat. And after a flipping through a few I found this amazing recipe in Better Homes and Gardens.
Talk about rich, ooey gooey deliciousness, that everyone loved, and with individual cups for everyone there was just the right amount with no 'hogging'.
Gooey Chocolate Pudding Cakes - Serves 6
1/2 Cup All Purpose Flour
1/4 Cup Sugar
3/4 Tsp. Baking Powder
1/3 Cup Milk
1 Tbsp. Oil
1 Tsp. Vanilla
1/3 Cup Semisweet Chocolate Pieces
1/4 Cup Nutella
1/4 Tsp. Salt
1/2 Cup Sugar
1/4 Unsweetened Cocoa
3/4 Cup Boiling Water
Optionals - Vanilla Ice Cream
Strawberries, Whipped Cream, and I sprinkled a capful of Kaluha over the Ice Cream.
Preheat Oven to 350˚F
1. In a medium bowl combine flour, 1/4 cup sugar, baking powder, and 1/4 tsp. salt.
2. Add milk, oil and vanilla, whisking until smooth.
3. Stir in Nutella and chocolate pieces.
4. Divide batter evenly among 6 5-8oz. oven safe ramekins (or bowls). Place on cookie sheet/baking pan and set aside.
5. In the same bowl stir together 1/2 C Sugar and Cocoa.
6. Gradually stir in boiling water.
7. Pour eveningly over batter in dishes.
8. Bake uncovered for 20 minutes or until wooden toothpick comes out smooth (from cake portion).
9. Serve with Ice Cream, Alone or with whatever topping you'd like.