Apple Cranberry Phyllo Turnovers
3 Medium Apples, Peeled & Diced
1/2 C Halved Cranberries
1/3 C Sugar
1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
1 Tsp Cornstarch
1 Tsp Cinnamon
1/2 Package Phyllo Sheets
1/2 Stick Of Butter, Melted
Powdered Sugar for Sprinkling (Optional)
1. In a medium saucepan add sugar, vanilla, cornstarch, apples and cranberries. Heat on medium low stirring occasionally, cooking for 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
2. Remove Phyllo Dough from package, and have damp cloth on hand to cover dough, as phyllo dries out quickly. With a pastry brush or in my case, a paper towel, coat one phyllo sheet, longer side facing you, with melted butter.
3. Fold in half and brush again.
4. Fold again, forming a vertical strip and brush again.
5. On one edge spoon 1 1/2 tablespoon of apple cranberry filling.
5. Roll in the form of a triangle, like you would a flag.
6. Brush the outside of the triangle with butter. Place on a cookie sheet and bake 15 minutes or until golden brown on 375˚. (Check after about 10 minutes, as oven temps vary).